Monday, June 1, 2009

George Lois on Bill Bernbach

"If you're asking me if was he a great copywriter, not at all. I don't think I've ever known of an example of something he wrote that was great."

"I had a very close relationship with him, not only when I worked with him, but afterwards, and my experience with him was that he never tried to write copy. I heard him blurt out some headlines sometimes that were kinda bad."

"But that certainly doesn't diminish his reputation, because he created the first great advertising agency in the world. And when I say he was inspirational, I mean, beyond inspirational. I loved doing presentations with clients with him; it was a passionate, visceral experience."

For more interesting extracts, read this article in Ad Age.

Posted by Anantha.

No comments: