Here is my favourite list of must read for people who’d like to take a spin in the advertising world.
1. 'Hey Whipple Squeeze This' by Luke Sullivan - this book gets my vote on being the best read on advertising.
2. 'Oglivy on Advertising' by David Ogilvy is a certified hit.
3. 'Confessions of an Advertising Man' by David Ogilvy. Still a classic and well worth the read.
4. 'Building Strong Brands' by David Aaker. Brand theory book a bit on the heavier side but clearly a planning must read.
5. 'The Little Blue Book of Advertising' by Steve Lance and Jeff Woll.
6. 'Flip' by Peter Sheahan. It’s about the Gen Y revolution in the workplace. To have the courage to devote a portion of your business resources to continually try new things...often drawing ideas from "the fringe" rather than from safe or traditional sources.
This is my take, what are your favourite one’s? Keep the contributions flowing in.
Posted by Monica