- There's less emphasis on sustainability or general "greenness" in logo design. There's plenty of natural imagery, but being "green" doesn't seem all that unique anymore.
- Colors are becoming more vivid. Desaturation has drained away, and the chroma factor pumped up.
- There's an overall move toward cleanliness - in type, in line, in color - as if ideas are getting more and more succinct. It may be an indication of the degree of seriousness with which branding is now regarded.
- Less is more common: less calligraphy, less Photoshop tricks, less artificial highlights.
- Found pattern and illustration hang on and on and on. With a bottomless treasure chest of visual history constantly at the ready through retail collections and over the internet, it's a direction that's not likely to run its course soon, if ever.
Posted by Anantha.